What our Customers have to say
Skip's Construction Co., Inc.
6313 Lower Hunters Trace, Louisville
5.0 26 reviews
- Larry D ★★★★★ 2 months ago Skip and his crew were very professional and turned one of the worst driveways in town into something far more visually and functionally appealing. From getting the quote through the end of the job, Skip was straight forward and did what … More he said he would do at every step. We are highly satisfied with the work of Skip and his entire crew and recommend them highly.
- Janet Petty ★★★★★ 8 months ago Love our new driveway and sidewalk! Beyond our expectations! Skip was very professional and paid very close attention to detail. He finished on schedule and we were very impressed with the outcome. Highly recommend him! Our daughter-in-law … More was also very impressed and to quote her, “Very nice! I also love the garbage cans parking spot!”
- Fan Noise ★★★★★ 8 months ago Skip's construction is one of the best contractors we've ever worked with. He
is honest, punctual, professional and highly skilled. Every step of the job was done with precision and care. Skip, the owner, was hands-on and present … More from the tear out of the existing patio to the forming and finishing of the new concrete patio. Additionally, the job site cleanup and repair of the yard exceeded our expectations. Skip gave us a beautiful concrete patio because he is knowledgeable and he actually cares about doing quality work!!!! Thank you Skip.
- Jordan Nauert ★★★★★ 11 months ago We had a wonderful experience using Skip's construction. Skip is awesome at his work. He takes his time and make's sure it is done right. Our new driveway, patio and sidewalk look wonderful. Thank you!
- Thomas Reber ★★★★★ a year ago Terrific experience with Skip's Construction. Skip is one of a kind. Says what does, he does what he says. Excellent efficiency, value, and quality. How many construction company owners show up and lead their crew at the job site? … More Skip does. If he cannot build it for lasting success, he will not build it. When he says he takes pride in his work because his name is on the trucks, he backs it up with real results. I will use his team again, for future projects, and I look forward to working with him again.
- Ronnie Renfrow ★★★★★ 2 years ago I hired Skip to build a retaining wall for me . They arrived on time, got the job done right. They paid very close attention to detail. They also made sure everything was cleaned up as they went ( took two days). I was very pleased.
- Bill Beam ★★★★★ 2 years ago So glad I went with Skip's this time. We had a job that was labor intensive, but not a lot of yards of concrete to pour. When the owner is on the job site, you notice the difference. We certainly did! Replaced broken patio, and stepping … More stone walkway with new concrete. He dressed out the edges with topsoil, so we can sow grass seed. I highly recommend Skip's for your next job.
- Me Chat ★★★★★ 3 years ago I used Skip's Construction to widen my driveway. I got a fast call back when looking for estimates. All others that I called took 2 or more weeks to call me back. Skip's took the time to ask what I needed and pointed out where … More I could have future problems. My driveway was very narrow and high which caused cars to fall off and have to be towed out. Skip's spent time explaining my options to keep this from happening in the future. All other estimates were plain and simple and did not address any future issues or the problem with the height of the driveway. Skip's removed parts of my driveway that were damaged and replaced my driveway with a wide beautiful driveway. The height at the street will no longer be a problem. Attached are before and After pictures. Please note in before pictures the drop off at the end of my driveway. The after picture shows a fresh poured driveway.. All employees were respectful to me and to my property. I would recommend Skip's Construction to all my family and friends. Thanks guys for doing such a professional job.
- Jeff Norton ★★★★★ a year ago We had an excellent experience with Skip, who did work on our home in July. Skip replaced our old asphalt driveway with a new broom-finish concrete driveway that has a brick-stamp border. He also replaced our old concrete sidewalks, expanded … More our back concrete patio, and he installed new underground pipes to carry the water from the downspouts on the back side of our house, which improved the drainage under and around the new concrete. The finished product is beautiful! Even more impressive, however, was the way that Skip and his workers did the job. Skip did everything he told us he would do, and more. His workers are courteous, professional, and consistently kept the street and area around their work clean and neat. Skip made suggestions for improving the project, most of which we accepted and included in our construction contract. Skip said he would be on the job every day, by which I thought he meant that he would check on the work daily. Actually he meant much more than that...Skip was on our job doing the work himself, along with his crew, all day long, every day. Skip used surveying equipment to verify the correct slopes of all aspects of the job, from the drainage pipes to the driveway. Skip and his workers take pride in doing their best for their customers. They are good, honest people. Skip is not the cheapest priced concrete contractor. For us, he is worth every penny.J. Norton, Stanney Drive, Northfield, KY 40222
- Ray Peters ★★★★★ 2 years ago I've worked with several construction companies over the years, but Skip's Construction has been the best experience I've had. He and his crew tore out an old driveway and poured a new one. I was really impressed by how professional … More they were. The best part was that Skip himself was there working and overseeing all of it. He has a great crew, and their experience showed. They believe in doing things the right way. I will definitely call Skip if I need concrete work done in the future.
- bryan neuner ★★★★★ a year ago We contacted Skip to remove and replace our existing driveway which is on a hill and against our house. We were having a horrible problem of rain water getting under the driveway causing large voids, some were a couple of feet deep. When … More Skip arrived for an estimate, he knew exactly where our problems were coming from and corrected them as promised. He and his crew were extremely proficient and took care of making sure that the jobsite was always neat and tidy, making sure to be careful with everything they did. Our driveway turned out beautiful and we couldn't ask for a more honest and professional contractor. This man knows what he is doing! Thank you Skip and crew for taking such good care of our home.
- SHAWN HOGLE ★★★★★ 2 years ago Skip's Construction was very responsive. They came out and gave me a written estimate as well as answer any questions I had about the work to be completed. In my case, I was having a driveway removed and a new drive poured. After receiving … More multiple estimates I decided to go with Skip's because of the companies experience, the process they use as well as the value of the pricing.They were able to start two days after Ithey were contracted. The crew was professionally and hard working. You could tell from watching the work being completed, that the process was planned and proven. Everyone completed their jobs without discussion or direction in a well organized efficient manner. The driveway turned out better than expected.The bottom line is Skip's Construction is an experienced company with a track record to show for it. They did what they said they would do when they said they would do it.
- Terry Gibson ★★★★★ a year ago Skip and his guys are true professionals at concrete construction. 3.5 days and my driveway was done. Our neighbors came over to tell us how hardworking and thorough the crew was. We love how awesome our driveway looks, thanks Skip and … More crew.
- Scott M ★★★★★ 2 years ago The entire process was handled very professionally. Skip himself came out to give an estimate for removing an asphalt drive from 1959 and installing a concrete drive. Skip listened very closely to our "special needs", gave some … More very helpful feedback and we had a quote the next morning. Keep in mind that he came out to our father's house after hours to accommodate our schedule. Not all of the contractors that we contacted were willing to do that.When Skip and his crew showed up to do the job it was hilarious. These guys mean business. Not a lot of talking, everyone knew their part, did it and no standing around! They had the old drive out in no time at all. They had it framed,filled and compacted ready for concrete the next day. The most impressive thing about the job that they did for us was the cleanliness of the job site. At no time did we have any heavy equipment in the yard causing ruts or damage. I still don't know how they accomplished that.If you need concrete work, do yourself a favor and contact Skip's. You need to get a couple of quotes anyway. I honestly believe you won't be disappointed. They know their stuff and are very competitively priced. We cannot say enough good thing about them!If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post 2, 1 before 1 after. My father went from a rutted barely 1car drive to probably a car and a half, extended drive and a new front walk to his house. Beautiful
- Scott Grissom ★★★★★ 3 years ago We contacted Skip for an estimate on tearing down and rebuilding a large retaining wall and replacing the driveway. We had a couple companies give us estimates and while Skips estimate was slightly higher we went with him as his company … More has been around a long time and has done many jobs in my area.The work was started when they said it would be, actually slightly ahead of time as the job in front of me wanted to wait a couple weeks. Skip and crew showed up early each day to start work, the same crew was here each day and I liked that there weren’t new faces all the time. Skip himself was on the job site each day as well.The work was done in a very timely manner, these guys don’t mess around, if it wasn’t for some rain my entire job would have been finished in less than two weeks and that is saying something. My retaining wall is very large and now looks like a million dollars compared to the old concrete retaining wall that was there. My new driveway is about 2 feet wider than the old driveway and looks fantastic. Also, and probably most important, they changed the way the water will move around my house.I will recommend Skip’s Construction to anyone I know needing this type of work done.
- Chelsea Mullennex ★★★★★ 3 years ago To say we are satisfied with the work done by Skip's Construction Co., Inc. would be an understatement! We could tell that we were in good hands from the professionalism that was shown by Skip and his crew throughout the entire project. … More Not only did they do phenomenal work on the contracted job, they set us up for success on future projects by recognizing what would be helpful and going the extra mile to help put that in motion; saving us man hours in the future. The outcome has exceeded expectations. We now have a secure retaining wall, a beautiful decorative stone wall, foundation walls and floor for a garage, and a new sidewalk to our front porch that gives the front of the house a great new look. Due to the attention to detail given to this massive project, we have gained additional living space, parking space; impressively, all while still gaining a larger yard area for the kids to play. If you are in need of ANY concrete work, you will be missing out if you do not call Skip's Construction Co., Inc.
- Sara Christensen ★★★★★ 6 years ago Found Skip's via a google search and called them for snow removal at my grandmother's house. I live in Michigan so I needed someone that could take credit card payment over the phone. Skip's normally won't do residential … More snow removal but took this on for me. They did a fantastic job and even texted me photographs of the cleared drive. If we ever need to do construction work at my grandmother's house I know who to call!
- Dan Gartland ★★★★★ 5 years ago 2-16-17 Just got to drive on my new driveway and walk on my new sidewalk. These guys are top notch all the way, and that includes all of the crew. Very professional from start to finish. The finished job was better than expected, Thanks … More Skip!
- Kc Johnson ★★★★★ 2 years ago This is the best company ever. We used them for our backyard patio and lee was amazing, always on time, did high quality work and was very friendly. Price was very affordable and he went above and beyond, our backyard was a mess and he … More really did a great job. Highly highly recommend this company over any others.
- Lisa Palmisano ★★★★★ a year ago Excellent attention to detail!Highly recommend Skip and his entire crew.Besides providing high quality, they were very pleasant!
- David Cronin ★★★★★ a year ago First class work, started on schedule, finished on schedule and did an awesome job. clean and neat when they are done.
- Katherine Stellina ★★★★★ a year ago Absolutely Great Man, Thank you Skip.May God Bless you always.
- David Harbison Jr ★★★★★ 3 years ago Skip and his crew completed our new driveway in a courteous and professional manner from start to finish. The work was completely exactly as promised.
- Jana Whitaker ★★★★★ 2 years ago Excellent
- Two fish Inc. Louisville ★★★★★ 3 years ago
- Andy Huber (Huberman061293) ★★★★★ 4 years ago
- allison hammond ★★★★★ 3 years ago